Our experience was quite poor with the Deborah and Dick Miller team.
We did end up purchasing a home Deborah showed us, so I will give her credit for that, but there were so many issues along the way that I dearly wish we had worked with different people.
• Deborah and Dick tell you in every email, over and over, that they provide great customer service, but we got the impression from numerous incidents that they only care about making money. For example, they told us we had to accept a counter-offer …not true, additionally our offer was already expired.
• They did not seem very knowledgeable.
• Dick was supposed to be a great negotiator, but he suggested we offer an opening price that was $30,000 ABOVE what we paid. Glad we didn’t listen to that advice!
• Shortly after we reached agreement on price with the seller, I was on the phone with Deborah when another call came in. Deborah told me, “this is a customer calling, I have to take this, I will call you back.” My wife and I wondered why we weren’t considered important customers anymore. It became even clearer when, although I waited, Deborah didn’t call back!
• Dick nor Deborah always want to talk, but they rarely seemed willing to listen for a moment to what we wanted to know or needed. Instead they went on at great length talking and giving us information we already knew. But when you finally got in a word and asked for what you really needed, they often didn’t provide it if it required much of any effort on their part.
• One of the most annoying things was whenever Deborah or Dick did even the smallest, most normal things, they would send a long email to us congratulating themselves, as if they had just given you one of their kidneys. As we like to say, they threw nickels like they were manhole covers.
• Further, the suggestions they made, such as unneeded inspections, were often bad advice that would have cost us unnecessary money. Many of the vendors they suggested weren't too good either, and when they did give a good vendor, it was after they had asked another agent for a recommendation.
We are still suffering the effects of working with them. To our knowledge they didn’t even attend the closing on our behalf (we were out-of-town), although they told us they always do. We didn’t even hear a word from them about what happened at the closing. Just finding out now that our house didn’t get transferred properly into our name with the County and having to clean up that mess!. However, they were very quick to show-up to the law firm the first possible day to collect their commission check!
The only thing that saved us throughout the whole process was the outstanding agent representing the sellers.